This 1930’s building is located close to the beach. The building required upgrading after nearly one hundred years of exposure to an aggressive coastal environment. The Owners Corporation (OC) made the decision to undertake a major upgrade of the building. In the first instance a full structural and building survey was undertaken and a subsequent report prepared. The report provided a detailed assessment of the building making recommendation on future repairs and upgrades.
After discussions with the OC a second phase of the project was approved .This was to undertake designs and prepare a set of drawings, specifications and contract tender documents. Close Consultants were the consultants for each phase of this project. This included the initial investigations, reporting, structural and architectural design and documentation and the project management of the tendering process. The contract value for the upgrade was in the order of $1.2 million.